Commercial Finance & Lending
Our Mission and our passion is to develop the West Coast economy.
Development West Coast (DWC) is able to provide a range of commercial financing options for West Coast businesses, including commercial lending and equity investment. We have well established relationships with our partner organisations which means we can help you get the most out the huge range of services and help on offer.
Applications must promote sustainable employment opportunities and/or generate sustainable economic benefit for the region.
DWC is excluded from investing in local and central government infrastructure, and cannot provide grants to businesses or organisations where that may affect DWC’s charitable status.
DWC aims to have a balanced portfolio of good regional investments across different industry sectors and geographical areas, ranging from start-ups to established businesses.
If you have any queries at all, we encourage you to contact our Capability and Growth team who will be able to assist and guide you through the process.
Advantages of working with DWC
DWC offers a number of benefits to finance clients when compared with traditional banks and finance companies:
- Access to DWC’s panel of business advisors, mentors, and management and staff to support the applicant’s business planning and implementation process.
- Links to organisations related to DWC including local councils, iwi, and other community and business groups.
- Competitive finance rates.
- Flexible lending terms, including interest only and concessional interest rate periods, more flexible equity and security requirements.
- Interest received continues to provide further resources for future lending on the West Coast.